Sunday, December 23, 2018

Merry Christmas!

This year has been a roller coaster!.. and not a good one. There have been a lot of ups and downs, I think more downs than ups, but I'm still alive and breathing (not entirely joking there), and for that, I'm grateful.

I thought I'd share with you my Christmas letter to Santa.



Dear Santa,
This year has been kinda, really rough. I've been through a lot. I know I haven't been the best, but I've tried, and maybe that counts for something?

For Christmas this year, I'd like socks. I know this is a corny thing to want for Christmas, but I've been wearing long (knee-high) socks to work, and I've found I kind of love them!

On a more serious note... I could use a really good job. Something I'm well-suited for, that meets my needs and allows me to start planning for some really big ambitious plans in the next couple years. Full time at $11.25/hr just alright, but isn't quite cutting it.

I want to feel safe. You know the tough things that have happened in the last 6 months (Updates 1, 2, 3, and 4) so you know that my safety has been a concern. I want to feel safe. He will be sentenced the morning of February 6. This state puts a cap on the sentence for the charge he plead guilty to: 3 years. Add the 3-5 years of prison time waiting for him in Utah, and I just might have enough time to get my situation settled and secure before he's released. I want to know that whatever his sentence is will be what he needs to mend his ways, correct his attitude and thinking behaviors so he's not a danger/threat to me or to society.

I need to start really paying attention to my health. I would love to be able to have a full physical done. I had one done a number of years ago, but joining the over-40 club, I know there are some baseline tests I need to get done.. even though I'm really NOT looking forward to my first mammogram!

I want to find love. I'd really like to meet (or if I already know him, be directed to recognize him) that guy who will treasure me. A man who will be honest and honorable, respectful and respectable, kind, intelligent, and protect me and my heart.

I know not all of these will fit under the tree, but maybe if you could manage helping me find the ones that won't fit, I'd really appreciate it.

Just Me