Sunday, November 4, 2018

A General Update on My Life

A lot has happened in the last couple months.

I realized my boyfriend was abusive, and began planning to move.
See, back when I was in high school and we were learning about domestic violence, date rape, and the like, I promised myself I would never stay with someone who abused me. Of course, physical abuse was all that I really thought about.... But this last July, I realized my boyfriend was emotionally abusive. Emotional abuse is SOOOOO hard to recognize!!! Like my dad says about carbon monoxide poisoning, "It's hard to be aware of something that causes reduced awareness." Emotional abuse reduces the victim's ability to recognize the very abuse they're being subjected to.


So I ended up moving from my cute little house.
I was able to get help packing my belongings and moved 600 miles away. I've lived here before, so there were old friends I got to see. But it's not like having your own space.


I cut ties with said boyfriend.
That has been a wild ride. Those of you who are familiar with the situation, I got tired of the lies and manipulation. I realized cut ties, went "no-contact" on 11 Sept. I haven't said anything to him since. He's certainly attempted to communicate with me. But he heard nothing from me. I did what I had to do in order to stay safe. Hopefully, with the help of the authorities, this chapter of my life will be closed soon.

I've finally found work!!
I've been applying to all kinds of places since I got here in August. I found a (VERY) part-time job that helped cover some things. But honestly, it wasn't enough. I'm grateful for friends who have helped out. I've kept a ledger of what I owe you. Thank you for both your generosity and your patience in my paying you back. With a decent cash-flow, I can pay back those who have helped me these last couple months. Then save up for a decent car (Christmas maybe?). Next, pay off my freaking student loan! That's gonna be a while, though.

I think in the next couple weeks, I'm going to be going into more depth about each of these. So stay tuned! ;) and Happy Halloween!