My daughter didn't understand that her focus on the negative affected other aspects of her life... and that focus was a choice.
I saw this video a few weeks ago:
Happiness is a choice.. and brings a tremendous advantage to your life:
The Happiness Advantage:
Better Secure Jobs
Better keeping jobs
Mr Achor suggests some things we can do each day to increase our own personal Happiness Advantage:
* 3 Gratitudes- Get a notebook or open a new document in your cloud storage or get a big poster paper and put it up in your bedroom or kitchen. Each day, write three new and unique things you're grateful for.
* Journaling- Each day, write about one positive experience you have had over the last 24 hours.
* Exercise- This teaches the brain that behavior matters. How we act, what we physically do affects our brains and how we think.
* Meditation- Stopping and focusing on one thing helps overcome the "cultural ADD" of multitasking and allows you to focus on the task at hand and be present.
* Random Acts of Kindness- Whether it's writing one positive note or email to someone in your social network or complementing a friend on their cute skirt or doing a chore without being asked... Do one kind thing for another person.
I'm grateful for good friends who laugh with me.
And for my health.
And for indoor plumbing.
The internal combustion engine
Helen's insight- praying for protection against discouragement.
What are you thankful for?