Sunday, May 13, 2012

To Mrs. Chili

There's a blog I recently started to follow a blog written by a teacher. I'm coming to realize more and more that she is dramatically more liberal than I am.

Like her, I also work with young people. I have "my" boys from the time they turn 11 until their next birthday.

I have 12 months to teach and guide them through their Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class rank advancements in Scouting.

I have 12 months to teach them that I love them, that God loves them, that He has great things in store for them- both expectations and blessings, and that He has confidence in their ability to accomplish all He expects of them.

I have 12 months to give them a confidence in themselves to know they can become the great and mighty men- righteous, wise, skilled, consistent, motivated, loving- that their future wives and children will need them to be, that God knows they can be.

I'm helping to prepare the next generation of husbands and fathers- lovers to their wives, providers to their families, heroes to their children, leaders in their homes and communities.

Yeah, it scares me too. But I know God is on my side- He loves these boys, and He loves me. He will sustain me and make me equal to the task.