Sunday, December 10, 2017

I'm not Ready

In Sunday school a couple weeks ago, we were talking about exaltation. And all the things that go with it.

One of the men in class said that he wasn't sure he wanted exaltation, eternal increase, etc, "I can barely handle the four children I have!"

While that may be true *now*, the reality is that who and what we are now is not who and what we will be.

Once we die, we will be free of the clouded perceptions we have now. We'll be free of our insecurities and our fears, our weaknesses and our neuroses. I believe that coming into the presence of our Father, having Him gather each of us in His arms and saying, "Oh, my baby is come home! I love you so very much!" will change our perspective on a fundamental level.

There will be no more "just" anything. "I was just a stay-at-home mom. "I just sold homes. "I was just a teacher." No more "just."

We will know who we truly ate, mighty sons and daughters of the Almighty God!!! His offspring, His children, heirs to all He is and all He has.

Literally.

We can be like Him, as a toddler can grow up to be like his daddy.

That awareness, that confidence is something we can't even understand now, let alone have. And it won't be pride or arrogance. Rather it will be simply an awareness of the truth of who we are.