Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Single Life

When I first became single, I was all excited about the freedom. Then it got old really fast. Sleeping single in a double bed wasn't my idea of a good time. The lonely wears on a girl! I wrote this shortly after I decided I DID NOT want to stay single.
I started treating my lack of a SO (since I actually wanted one) as a job.
Just like any other occupation or high-level career, you gotta do your homework. So I did. I invested a lot of time, thought, prayer, study, and talking with those I truly trusted in figuring out and putting into words exactly what I wanted in a SO.
A high-level career also requires a significant financial investment (education, the right clothes, finding ways to be in the right places at the right times, etc). So I did. I went out to the dance clubs, put myself in situations to find Mr. Right. I spent money and got a couple accounts on the online dating sites. I even did some exploring within the fashion industry (ok, not a lot, but I did adjust my clothing/makeup/hair styles) in order to become more appealing.
A high-level career is a lifestyle. So I made this my lifestyle. I'm out to have a good time and meet people. I know what I want. I know what I'm willing to compromise on. I know what I'm NOT willing to compromise on. And I know that anything less than the have-to's just won't do.

This is essentially how I still feel. I know what I want, and I'm willing to look for him, wait for him. There've been a couple guys in the last year and a half that I've thought were "the one".. I'm still looking, waiting. Maybe this one is the one.. dunno.